Summary

'All the world's a stage'- and all of my shows are comedies. Welcome to my Wacky World, which is a collection of the mad, funny and sometimes slightly unbelievable things that happen to me.

Saturday 31 August 2013

An Illusion of Class

I'm writing this sitting in the First Class carriage of a Virgin Train, on my way to celebrate a friend's birthday in Birmingham, wearing my favourite cat-Avengers T-shirt. I had a ridiculous moment this morning where I considered wearing something smarter for the journey.

I don't often travel by First Class and I wondered if my very geeky attire was too... plebeian. Thankfully I came to my senses and remembered that no-one cares about that sort of nonsense any more- and anyway, I was just going on the train,  not Buckingham bloody Palace.

In any case, here I am, and I was right not to worry. Yes there are handful of stuffy-looking businesspeople, but there's plenty of average Joes and Janes like myself, a token loudmouth couple with obnoxious ringtones, and a guy in the biggest, shabbiest straw hat I've ever seen wearing an overall-ed getup that has 'farmer' stamped all over it.

I think that between my T-shirt and his hat, people are more likely to notice the hat. Either way, no-one minds at all.


No comments:

Post a Comment