Summary

'All the world's a stage'- and all of my shows are comedies. Welcome to my Wacky World, which is a collection of the mad, funny and sometimes slightly unbelievable things that happen to me.

Thursday 4 July 2013

In Which I Conduct a Social Experiment: Part 2

(Or rather the experiment has concluded and now the consequences commence).

So I mentioned that as a result of speed dating I friend-matched two people, and one sent me a message: Daniel-Does-Not-Do-Comicon, the one who seemed like an almost polar opposite to me interests-wise but still seemed fun. Part of his message read:

"You're very different to most people I meet // and I like that."

This made me laugh out loud- I thought it summed my efforts of the evening up pretty well! Part of my reply was:

"I got the impression that I'm very different to most people other people meet on Saturday, haha."

In short, we're meeting up on Sunday morning in town for coffee (no euphemism, literally coffee), which works out quite well because I'm meeting another friend for lunch in the same area after. So if he turns out to be a crazy person (and let's face it, we all know that between me and anyone I'm the most likely to be the crazy person...), I'll be in a very busy area with a friend nearby.

It's kind of a weird situation for me to be in. When I make friends it's purely 'organic' and happens gradually. In this case, it's more like 'Hey, I think we should be friends! Let's meet up at this designated time and place and try to be friends even more!' Of course, put like that, it sounds like an unusual situation for anyone to be in.

I guess the experiment's now on me, then. Let's see how a Socially Awkward Penguin like myself copes out of her comfort zone, shall we?

Haha that's ridiculous, a Socially Awkward Penguin has no comfort zone.

I'm screwed.

No comments:

Post a Comment