Summary

'All the world's a stage'- and all of my shows are comedies. Welcome to my Wacky World, which is a collection of the mad, funny and sometimes slightly unbelievable things that happen to me.

Wednesday 3 July 2013

I Crashed My Car- Part 2

Remember when I crashed my car about six weeks ago? A few unbelievable things have happened since then.

Firstly, the insurance's garage assured me that my old car was going to be written off, in the end (this was why I went ahead and bought a new one). They suddenly called me a couple of weeks ago to tell me that my car was in the process of being repaired.

What.

The day before yesterday saw the return of my old car 弟弟. I can't say I wasn't glad to see him again, but now I'm stuck with two cars. I re-transferred the insurance to my old car, since it has a personalised numberplate and air conditioning, and I'll have to try and sell on poor 妹妹, the new car. Again: what a faff. At least insurance waived the transfer cost because of all the trouble they and the garage caused me.

The second unbelievable thing happened today was I got a call from insurance saying that the lady I crashed into had decided to take out an injury claim.

WHAT.

I described her in my last post as 'absolutely lovely'. I might have to take that back. She and her son were fine! I talked to her for about half an hour In fact, when I took the cupcakes round the day after the crash, whilst I was already (genuinely) suffering from whiplash and concussion, they were both still fine when I was chatting to them- chipper, even. Now after over a month has passed she's claiming injury. My dad mentioned that the last time he was involved in a car crash that wasn't his fault, he got hounded by claim companies left right and centre, encouraging him to make a claim when he was fine. Dad stoutly refused. Apparently this lady got caught up by them.

A small, mean part of me kind of wishes that I hadn't made those cupcakes, now.

1 comment:

  1. Poor Didi. I hope she got out of the “car hospital” well. Claiming an injury after a month? That lady is unbelievable! Take back those cupcakes too, ugh. On the other hand, you’re now stuck with two cars. Isn’t that a great thing? Jamie, Georgetown Exxon

    ReplyDelete