Summary

'All the world's a stage'- and all of my shows are comedies. Welcome to my Wacky World, which is a collection of the mad, funny and sometimes slightly unbelievable things that happen to me.

Tuesday 25 June 2013

Short Stories: How I Ran into my 'Oppoganger'

Or, more precisely, how she almost ran into me.

I just managed to run a steady 2 miles (2.07 to be exact), for the first time ever, this time last year being the first time I ran a mile in my life (I know it's not fast progress, but I didn't run during autumn, winter or our very crappy UK spring). My new route also has a beastly hill that I defeated. Go me!

At the end of my run I always have a brisk walk around the block as my cooldown exercise. I still had my music on really loud so I didn't hear the other runner coming up from behind me, so my heart jumped a little bit when they brushed past me and (literally) jogged on.

As I glanced up, I swear everything went in slow motion for a few seconds.

Because, readers, running ahead of me was what I can only accurately describe as my 'oppoganger': (opposite doppelganger).

She and I were both of the same height, both had very long, wavy hair, and both had our hair tied up in a regular 3-strand braid, running all the way down to our waists and tailing behind us in the wind like streamers.

However, my figure is of the 1940s hourglass kind, hers was the Nordic slender kind; my skin is porcelain pale, while hers was beach-bronzed; my hair is a very dark brown, whereas hers was a peroxide white blonde. Finally, I was wearing a modest but sleek black jogging outfit, while she was wearing neon hotpants and a crop top.

Huh.

I shook myself out of my reverie and suddenly felt defensive, because I was only walking while she was running on. 'I just ran two miles!!' I silently shouted after her.

~Fin~

No comments:

Post a Comment