Summary

'All the world's a stage'- and all of my shows are comedies. Welcome to my Wacky World, which is a collection of the mad, funny and sometimes slightly unbelievable things that happen to me.

Monday 25 March 2013

I'm Not Wealthy, but I'm Rich all the Same

(A follow-on from A Mixed Bag of Nothing):

A couple of days ago I was sitting in a café in London, looking out of a window that faced outwards into Chinatown. Behind me and to the side of me were lots of white and European people- in front of me outside were lots of Chinese people- and there I was, both physically and metaphorically smack dab in the middle of both sides. It gave me the warm fuzzies.

Tonight marked the first night of Passover and my family and I held the Seder night together. At the end of the service, as I cracked out the traditional Jewish sweets I had baked the day before, my mum told me:

"It's not so long ago we were celebrating Chinese New Year, you know. Tash, you have no idea how rich a background you come from."

Oh, I know, Mum. I know.

~Fin~

No comments:

Post a Comment