Summary

'All the world's a stage'- and all of my shows are comedies. Welcome to my Wacky World, which is a collection of the mad, funny and sometimes slightly unbelievable things that happen to me.

Wednesday 31 December 2014

Eat. Explore. Adventure. Repeat.

(Notice the lack of "Sleep"?)

I'm super-psyched for an awesome New Year's Eve/ New Year tonight: I have silky soft hair after an at-home treatment, a shiny new camera to play with and a pretty see-through mug of good quality flowering jasmine tea to sip as I tinker. I even managed to squeeze in one last recipe and post for Tashcakes!, and I have freshly washed bedsheets to snuggle into later.

... What, did you think I'd be out there doing something interesting and quirky and Tash-ish?

New Year's Eve has never been a night of Going Out And Doing Stuff for me. I think anyone who knows me can agree that I do more than enough of that on normal days: so NYE is one of the rare times I just let myself do Bugger All. No FOMO for me- just kicking back and relaxing, and giving myself a moment to process all of the stuff I've done in the year (but don't worry, this isn't going to be a "Wot I Did This Year Lol Aren't I Amazing" post). As for tomorrow, the first day of the new year itself, I will think about all the things to come in 2015 (or rather panic mildly at the mad things I've signed up for and the things I need to get organised for).

The great thing at the moment is that lots of my friends are beginning to take on the same mentality as me- so instead of feeling guilty about turning down their events, I get to switch off at home knowing that they're doing the same thing! There is plenty to do in the city on a night like this- but you know what? This is London, and there is always plenty to do, every single day and night of the year. So just once a year- just for tonight- I'd just prefer to drink my tea, try not to break my new toys and look forward to clean sheets.

A happy new year to you all- as I said in Tashcakes!, "go try new foods, experience new things and most importantly: have fun!"

2 comments:

  1. Long time no see weird girl, first of all, I wish you an amazing year!

    Now...I'm glad to find someone else that stays at home in NYE. I kinda do the same but here it's summer so instead of tea I have ice cream xD and the 31 I can't help thinking back and forth between what i've done and what I didn't in the past year...I tend to be a little melancholic...

    I hope u enjoy your new camera and don't forget to upload some pictures to the blog n.n

    Hugs! (*-*)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Indeed, long time no see and happy new year! ^_^

      Haha ice cream party I love it! It's nice to be able to think back on the year gone by, I think people should do it more. =) Then we can get excited about things we want to do in the next year!

      I shall indeed try to post more pictures to this blog, 'Tashcakes!' gets all the photo love at the moment haha xx

      Delete