Summary

'All the world's a stage'- and all of my shows are comedies. Welcome to my Wacky World, which is a collection of the mad, funny and sometimes slightly unbelievable things that happen to me.

Friday 6 December 2013

Sarcasm Done Right: Today on the Tube

I laughed openly, and was surprised that I was one of only two that did, out of the ten people in my carriage. A third cracked a smile,  but that was all. I could only guess that either the others hadn't gotten the joke, or were just being awkwardly British about it.

Just before the doors of the train had closed, the driver's voice- female and sweetly acidic- had announced over the speakers:

'To the gentleman holding the doors open: this is not the last train. I repeat, to the gentleman holding the doors: this is not the last train.'

No comments:

Post a Comment