Summary

'All the world's a stage'- and all of my shows are comedies. Welcome to my Wacky World, which is a collection of the mad, funny and sometimes slightly unbelievable things that happen to me.

Sunday 2 September 2012

Short Story: A Domesticated Disney Moment

This morning the sun was (briefly) shining, I had the house to myself and I was feeling pretty kickass after a morning run, so to make my unusually quiet day even more awesome I decided to do one of the things I like doing best: bake.

I had a pretty summer dress on, and was swanning about barefoot on the just-mopped kitchen tiles. I donned my apron, cracked out my mixing bowl and wooden spoon and got to work. At some point in the process, I started to sing. So here I was, mixing bowl in the crook of my arm, stirring away with my wooden spoon and singing in my dress and apron and bare feet, when I turned around.

My two cats, both of whom at best only seem to tolerate each other and are seldom seen in the same room together, were sitting side-by-side in the middle of the kitchen, close enough for their whiskers to touch, watching me.

My face split into a smile at the sight- how lovely to see the two so close together! I turned around to continue my work, very pleased with how my quiet Sunday was turning out, when I glanced out of the glass doors and into the garden.

The smile on my face froze in disbelief.

Outside in my previously-empty little garden were about a dozen birds of various varieties, on the lawn, fence and bushes.

It was sheer coincidence that a load of birds gathered in my garden for no apparent reason while I danced and flounced and baked, and it probably was the sound of me singing that summoned my cats (whether I was any good or not!), but I'd like to believe I have magical Disney Princess powers anyway.




~Fin~

No comments:

Post a Comment